New York State Governor Andrew Cuomo announced his resignation in response to an investigation into a series of sexual harassment accusations made against him.
WIVB News 4 anchors Jacquie Walker and Don Postles interviewed attorney Barry N. Covert to provide legal analysis of the governor’s resignation announcement.
In the WIVB interview, Barry Covert discusses:
- the timing of Governor Cuomo’s resignation;
- the impact the resignation may have on Governor Cuomo’s accusers;
- the criminal cases Governor Cuomo is still facing;
- the financial implications the charges and investigations have on taxpayers; and
- the potential for future investigations.
Legal Analysis of CBS Interview with Governor Andrew Cuomo’s Accuser and the Resignation of Melissa DeRosa
The New York State Assembly’s Judiciary Committee met behind closed doors today to discuss the recent sexual harassment report from Attorney General Letitia James and to review the next steps in the process of a potential impeachment of Governor Andrew Cuomo.
Following the Judiciary Committee’s meeting, New York Assembly Speaker Carl Heastie and Judiciary Committee Chair Charles Levine held a press conference to discuss the impeachment probe as well as the potential timeline to move forward with impeachment.
WIVB News 4’s coverage of the sexual harassment investigation into New York Governor Andrew Cuomo continued with anchor Jacquie Walker interviewing attorney Barry Covert. In their interview, Mr. Covert weighs in on:
- the timeline for the state legislature’s investigation into Gov. Andrew Cuomo;
- the impact of the CBS interview with “Executive Assistant #1”; and
- the potential impact of Melissa DeRosa’s resignation from the governor’s office.
Legal Analysis on New York State Impeachment Process
New York State’s Attorney General, Letitia James, recently held a press conference to announce the findings of a sexual harassment investigation into Governor Andrew Cuomo.
The Attorney General appointed independent investigators who released a 168-page report, which details that Governor Cuomo did sexually harass state employees.
As a result of the report, some believe an impeachment investigation is forthcoming. As part of their ongoing coverage of the sexual harassment investigation, WGRZ 2 On Your Side recently aired a report addressing what is involved in New York’s impeachment process of a governor.
- Accidents and Personal Injury
- Birth Injury Law
- Business and Corporate
- Business Formation
- Business Litigation
- Car Accidents
- Cemetery and Funeral Home Negligence
- Closely Held and Family Owned Businesses
- Construction Litigation
- Coronavirus COVID-19
- Criminal Defense Trials and Appeals
- Department of Labor Investigations & Negotations
- Diagnosis Error
- Emergency Room Error
- Employee Benefits
- Employment Litigation
- Estates, Wills, and Trusts
- First Amendment
- Franchise Law
- In The News
- Labor and Employment
- Matrimonial and Family Law
- Medical Devices
- Medical Malpractice
- Motor Vehicle Accidents
- New York State Sexual Harassment Prevention
- Newsletters and Alerts
- Nurse Error
- Product Liability
- Professional Licensing Defense
- Real Estate
- Scientific Research and Misconduct
- Sexual Abuse Victims
- Tax Law
- Tourist Accidents
- Vaccine Injury Compensation
- Workers' Compensation
- Zoning and Land Use