New York State Governor Andrew Cuomo announced his resignation in response to an investigation into a series of sexual harassment accusations made against him.
In the WIVB interview, Barry Covert discusses:
- the timing of Governor Cuomo’s resignation;
- the impact the resignation may have on Governor Cuomo’s accusers;
- the criminal cases Governor Cuomo is still facing;
- the financial implications the charges and investigations have on taxpayers; and
- the potential for future investigations.
Legal Analysis of CBS Interview with Governor Andrew Cuomo’s Accuser and the Resignation of Melissa DeRosa
The New York State Assembly’s Judiciary Committee met behind closed doors today to discuss the recent sexual harassment report from Attorney General Letitia James and to review the next steps in the process of a potential impeachment of Governor Andrew Cuomo.
Following the Judiciary Committee’s meeting, New York Assembly Speaker Carl Heastie and Judiciary Committee Chair Charles Levine held a press conference to discuss the impeachment probe as well as the potential timeline to move forward with impeachment.
WIVB News 4’s coverage of the sexual harassment investigation into New York Governor Andrew Cuomo continued with anchor Jacquie Walker interviewing attorney Barry Covert. In their interview, Mr. Covert weighs in on:
- the timeline for the state legislature’s investigation into Gov. Andrew Cuomo;
- the impact of the CBS interview with “Executive Assistant #1”; and
- the potential impact of Melissa DeRosa’s resignation from the governor’s office.
Legal Analysis of Potentially Criminal Allegations Made Against New York State Governor Andrew Cuomo
News outlets across New York State have reported extensively on the allegations of sexual harassment made against Governor Andrew Cuomo. When a sixth accuser came forward with misconduct accusations against Governor Cuomo, the reporting shifted from alleged sexual harassment to alleged assault.
WGRZ 2 On Your Side’s ongoing coverage of allegations against the governor continued with a “Town Hall” segment hosted by anchors Michael Wooten and Kate Welshofer. Attorney Barry Covert was interviewed for the segment to provide legal analysis on the latest developments in the accusations made against Governor Andrew Cuomo.
WGRZ’s Town Hall segment focused on how the accusations made by Governor Cuomo’s sixth accuser differ from previous accusations. Attorney Barry Covert was asked to address several legal topics in this matter, including: why the latest accusation may rise to the level of a criminal offense; if law enforcement need the accuser to cooperate in an investigation; and what impact the sixth accuser’s allegations have on the New York State Attorney General’s current investigation.
- Accidents and Personal Injury
- Birth Injury Law
- Business and Corporate
- Business Formation
- Business Litigation
- Car Accidents
- Cemetery and Funeral Home Negligence
- Closely Held and Family Owned Businesses
- Coronavirus COVID-19
- Criminal Defense Trials and Appeals
- Department of Labor Investigations & Negotations
- Diagnosis Error
- Emergency Room Error
- Employee Benefits
- Employment Litigation
- Estates, Wills, and Trusts
- First Amendment
- Franchise Law
- In The News
- Labor and Employment
- Matrimonial and Family Law
- Medical Devices
- Medical Malpractice
- Motor Vehicle Accidents
- New York State Sexual Harassment Prevention
- Newsletters and Alerts
- Nurse Error
- Product Liability
- Professional Licensing Defense
- Scientific Research and Misconduct
- Sexual Abuse Victims
- Tax Law
- Tourist Accidents
- Vaccine Injury Compensation
- Workers' Compensation
- Zoning and Land Use