New York State Governor Kathy Hochul recently signed a directive that requires businesses in New York State to implement specific workplace safety plans. This directive enforces regulations set forth in the New York Health and Essential Rights Act, also known as the HERO Act. The HERO Act was put in place in response to the COVID-19 pandemic.
WGRZ 2 On Your Side anchor Scott Levin recently interviewed attorney Barry N. Covert to provide legal analysis regarding enforcement of New York State’s HERO Act. During the interview, Mr. Covert discussed the potential implications the HERO Act will have on New York State businesses, the liability the HERO Act may create for employers, and the possibility of a legal challenge to the HERO Act.
Continuing reading for portions of Barry Covert’s comments and click the video below to watch the full interview with WGRZ’s Scott Levin.
A federal court judge recently ruled that Buffalo Mayor Byron Brown will appear on the ballot for the upcoming mayoral election on the Buffalo Party Line. Attorney Barry N. Covert visited WIVB News 4’s studio for an interview with anchor Melanie Orlins. In the interview, Mr. Covert to provided legal analysis on the latest development in the Buffalo mayoral race.
Continuing reading for portions of Barry Covert’s comments and click the video below to watch the full interview with WIVB’s Melanie Orlins.
New York State Governor Andrew Cuomo announced his resignation in response to an investigation into a series of sexual harassment accusations made against him.
In the WIVB interview, Barry Covert discusses:
- the timing of Governor Cuomo’s resignation;
- the impact the resignation may have on Governor Cuomo’s accusers;
- the criminal cases Governor Cuomo is still facing;
- the financial implications the charges and investigations have on taxpayers; and
- the potential for future investigations.
- Accidents and Personal Injury
- Birth Injury Law
- Business and Corporate
- Business Formation
- Business Litigation
- Car Accidents
- Cemetery and Funeral Home Negligence
- Closely Held and Family Owned Businesses
- Coronavirus COVID-19
- Criminal Defense Trials and Appeals
- Department of Labor Investigations & Negotations
- Diagnosis Error
- Emergency Room Error
- Employee Benefits
- Employment Litigation
- Estates, Wills, and Trusts
- First Amendment
- Franchise Law
- In The News
- Labor and Employment
- Matrimonial and Family Law
- Medical Devices
- Medical Malpractice
- Motor Vehicle Accidents
- New York State Sexual Harassment Prevention
- Newsletters and Alerts
- Nurse Error
- Product Liability
- Professional Licensing Defense
- Scientific Research and Misconduct
- Sexual Abuse Victims
- Tax Law
- Tourist Accidents
- Vaccine Injury Compensation
- Workers' Compensation
- Zoning and Land Use