Serious shoulder injuries can mean serious problems.
Construction is a hazardous profession, with more than 150,000 accidents reported each year. Shoulder injuries on construction sites can be caused by accidents like falls or equipment strikes, but sometimes they can be caused by repetitive motion or overexertion in your day-to-day job.
Common Shoulder Injuries
- Dislocations – occur when the arm is twisted or jerked suddenly, or as a result of electric shock. These types of shoulder injuries can involve the acromioclavicular (AC) joint, the sternoclavicular (SC) joint, or the glenohumeral (GH) joint.
- Fractures – caused by falls, heavy equipment accidents, or a direct strike to the shoulder area. Fractures commonly occur in the scapula (shoulder blade), clavicle (collar bone) or proximal humerus (upper arm bone).
- Instability – caused by a shoulder joint moving out of its normal position. This shoulder injury causes pain and can result in shoulder dislocation.
- Impingement – caused by shoulder muscle tendons rubbing against the shoulder blade. This type of shoulder injury is often caused by excessive or repetitive overhead arm movements.
- Rotator cuff injury – caused by repetitive arm movements that degenerate tendon tissue. Rotator cuff injuries can produce pain and arm weakness, and can sometimes require surgery.
- Soft-tissue tear – can be caused by repetitive motion, overexertion, a fall or lifting heavy objects. This type of shoulder injury may involve the ligaments, muscles, tendons or joint capsules of the shoulders.
Dealing with a work-related shoulder injury? Call Lipsitz Green Scime Cambria.
A shoulder injury can impair your ability to do even the simplest activities—like getting dressed in the morning, putting away the groceries and even lifting your child. Of course, serious shoulder injuries can also diminish your capacity to perform your job and sometimes prevent you from returning to work entirely.
If you’ve experienced a shoulder injury on a construction site, it’s time to contact Lipsitz Green Scime Cambria at 716 849 1333. The firm’s team of lawyers can work to get you maximum compensation for your shoulder injury case, including money for medical bills, lost wages and pain and suffering.
Shoulder injuries are persistent and so is Lipsitz Green.
Shoulder injuries can be costly, as they often require medication, physical therapy, surgery and rehabilitation. If you or a loved one has suffered construction-related shoulder injuries in Buffalo, NY, you need to speak to an experienced attorney now.
Lipsitz Green Scime Cambria has earned a reputation for excellence in personal injury law, including construction accident cases involving shoulder injuries. In fact, attorneys from within Buffalo and outside of the area often refer cases to Lipsitz Green. Personal injury is a results-oriented practice, so you need a firm with the dedication and work ethic to take on the tough cases and to get results.
Don’t leave your shoulder injury case to chance. Contact Lipsitz Green Scime Cambria at 716 849 1333 and talk to an attorney about your case. Lipsitz Green has many of the area’s premier personal injury attorneys, including several attorneys named to Super Lawyers for Personal Injury Law.