Burns can occur on any construction site.
According to the American Burn Association, an estimated 486,000 burn injuries occur annually that require medical treatment. Construction workers are at a high risk for burns because of the machinery and equipment they operate, and the nature of the tasks they perform every day.
Common Causes of Construction Burn Injuries
- Electric shock or electrocution
- Gas line explosion
- Chemical exposure
- Open flames/fire
- Welding accidents
- Exposure to hot liquids/hot surfaces
If you’ve received burns in a construction accident, it’s important that you contact an experienced attorney to help with your case. Call Lipsitz Green Scime Cambria today at 716 849 1333. A burn injury from construction equipment can be one of the most painful types of injuries. Lipsitz Green Scime Cambria can’t take away the immediate trauma following your accident, but the firm will do everything in their power to take away your financial suffering. Talk to one of Lipsitz Green Scime Cambria’s experienced attorneys today.
Lipsitz Green Scime Cambria understands construction burns.
Although some construction burn injuries are minor, more severe burns can happen on any job site. And the aftermath of a serious burn injury can have a long-term impact on your life and your financial security. Understanding the severity of your burn and the resulting injuries is an important step in your construction burn accident case.
Types of Burns
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention have categorized three types of burns:
- First-degree burns – Affect the top layer of skin only. They are typically red, painful to the touch and show mild swelling. First-degree burns usually heal without medical treatment.
- Second-degree burns – Affect the first two layers of skin. Signs of second-degree burns include a deep reddening of the area, pain, blistering, a glossy appearance with leaking fluid and loss of skin. Second-degree burns can require medical treatment by a trained professional.
- Third-degree burns – Affect the entire thickness of the skin and destroy tissue. Third-degree burns can result in skin that is dry and leathery, charred or patchy in appearance. There can also be the loss of skin layers. Immediate medical attention by a trained professional is required.
Recovering from burns can be a very difficult and time-consuming process. Construction burns can also be very costly. In addition to the initial treatment of the injury, workers with burn injuries may require reconstructive surgery, skin grafts, physical therapy, occupational therapy, pressure garments, massage and expensive medication.
If you or someone you love have suffered a construction burn injury, it is important to contact a firm that understands the complicated nuances of your case and what is at risk for your family. Call Lipsitz Green Scime Cambria today at 716 849 1333.
Get the maximum results for your burn injury.
Lipsitz Green Scime Cambria is widely regarded as having one of the finest personal injury departments in the region. Many of the firm’s cases are referrals from satisfied clients and other attorneys in Buffalo, NY. If you have suffered a devastating burn injury, Lipsitz Green is a name you can count on. The firm has an extraordinary track record in the region and its attorneys are not afraid to take even the toughest cases to trial, so that you can get the compensation you deserve.