George E. Riedel, Jr.
- 716 849 1333, ext. 324
- 716 855 1580
Awards and Recognitions
George E. Riedel, Jr. practices in the areas of trusts and estates, elder law, estate administration, estate planning, guardianships, and adoptions.
Mr. Riedel is a director (from 1995 to present) and past secretary for the 100 Club of Buffalo. He is also a director (from 1999 to present) of the Western New York-Jamaica Partners of Americas. He was elected a fellow of the New York Bar Foundation in January 2001. He also serves on the advisory board of the Franciscan Missionary Sisters of the Divine Child.
Mr. Riedel has lectured extensively for the New York State Bar Association on topics that include “Estates Planning and Will Drafting,” “Practice Skills: Basic Probate and Administration of Estates,” “Lifetime Inter Vivos Trusts,” “Estate and Gift Taxation: New Legislation,” “Beyond Practical Skills: Probate and Administration of Estates,” and “Income Taxation of Decedents: Their Estates and Their Trusts.” He is an adjunct lecturer for Hilbert College (from 1981 to present) and has taught various paralegal courses, including on estate administration and elder law.
Bar & Court Admissions
- State of New York
- State University of New York at Buffalo, J.D., 1972
- Canisius College, M.S., 1968
- Canisius College, B.S., 1966
- Member of the Bar Association of Erie County Surrogate’s Court Practice and Procedure Committee, the Surrogate’s Court Liaison Committee, and the Bar Association of Erie County’s Elder Law Committee
- Member of the New York State Bar Association’s Trusts and Estates Section
- Former 8th Judicial District Representative
- Chair of the Trusts and Estates Membership Committee
- Member of the New York State Elder Law Section
- Treasurer of the Financial Planning Counselors of Western New York
- Member of the Estates Analysts of Western New York
- Appointed to the Surrogate’s Court Restricted Charitable Gifts Subcommittee by Honorable Joseph S. Mattina in 1997 and Advisory Committee on Adoption