Matthew Morey counsels clients through significant events in the lives of their businesses.
He concentrates his practice on corporate and commercial legal matters, with particular experience in:
- Mergers and acquisitions
- Private and public finance
- Family businesses
- Negotiation and drafting of contracts
- Construction law
- Corporate governance
- Entity formation
- Corporate and partnership tax matters
Mr. Morey’s clients turn to him for representation in a wide range of areas, including protection in contractual matters, guidance to ensure compliance with laws, cost-effective solutions when conflicts arise, and strategies to assist in the growth of their businesses.
Outside of the office, Mr. Morey enjoys cycling, hiking, following Syracuse University’s football and basketball teams, and spending time with his dogs.
Awards and Recognitions
||The Best Lawyers in America
Named to Best Lawyers in America 2023 and 2024; recognized for Business Organizations (including LLCs and Partnerships) and Corporate Law
||Super Lawyers “Rising Stars”
Named to Upstate New York Super Lawyers “Rising Stars” from 2016 to 2021; no more than 2.5% of attorneys in any state have this distinction
Bar & Court Admissions
- Syracuse University College of Law, J.D., cum laude, 2007; member of the Justinian Honorary Law Society
- State University of New York at Buffalo, B.S., Business Administration, cum laude, 2004; concentration in International Business.
- New York State Bar Association, Member
- Bar Association of Erie County, Member (Member of Corporate Law Committee)
- InfoTech Niagara, Former Member of the Board of Directors
- Big Brother/Big Sister of Erie County, Volunteer
- Orchard Park Chamber of Commerce, Member
- Buffalo Niagara Partnership 360, Member
- Orchard Park United Methodist Church, Member