Jaime Michelle Cain
- 716 849 1333, ext. 463
- 716 855 1580
Jaime Michelle Cain has extensive experience serving the legal needs of buyers, sellers, lenders, landlords, owners, and other stakeholders in all facets of real estate transactions.
Ms. Cain assists buyers and sellers through all phases of real estate purchases, refinances, leasing, and construction. She also represents local and regional banks in lender financing, including SBA 7(a) and 504 programs.
In addition, Ms. Cain represents owners, landlords, and investors. She provides Fair Housing training and consultation to ensure compliance with federal, state, and local laws. Ms. Cain is proficient in commencing and defending summary proceedings on behalf of clients for non-payment and breach of lease. She also defends landlords accused of violating the Fair Housing Act and the New York State Human Rights Law.
Most recently, Ms. Cain has become the coalition leader of Under One Roof, an organization of Upstate New York landlords and property management companies who are urging state lawmakers to address the unintended consequences of the Housing Stability and Tenant Protection Act of 2019.
She is a registered New York State Lobbyist.
Awards and Recognitions
Named to Upstate New York Super Lawyers; no more than 5 percent of attorneys in any state have this distinction
|The Daily Record’s Attorney of the Year “Leader in Law” Award
Recipient of The Daily Record’s Attorney of the Year “Leader in Law” award, which honors attorneys who have show dedication to the legal profession and selfless, tireless commitments to the community.
Bar & Court Admissions
- State of New York
- United States District Court, Western District of New York
- United States Bankruptcy Court, Western District of New York
- State of Pennsylvania
- Syracuse University College of Law, J.D., cum laude, 2003
- Syracuse University, B.A., magna cum laude, 2000
- Legislative Director and Coalition Leader, New York Capital Region Apartment Association/UnderOneRoof
- Member, NAIOP – Commercial Real Estate Development Association
- Registered New York Lobbyist
- Host, #Realestateroundtable