Patrick C. O'Reilly limits his practice to the area of Matrimonial Litigation, wherein he handles all aspects of divorce and separation, together with proceedings for the modification and/or enforcement of existing matrimonial judgments and orders. He is a member of the firm's Management Committee and is Chairman of the Matrimonial Department.
For more than 25 years, Mr. O'Reilly has served as a panelist and speaker upon issues of Matrimonial and Family Law in numerous seminars, workshops and symposiums sponsored by the American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers, New York State Office of Court Administration, New York State Bar Association Family Law Section, Bar Association of Erie County, Peoples Law School and Psychological Association of Western New York.
Honors and Achievements
- AV Peer Review Rated, Martindale-Hubbell
- Named to Best Lawyers in America, Family Law
- Named to New York Super Lawyers, Upstate Edition: Family Law
Bar & Court Admissions
- State University of New York at Buffalo, J.D.,1980
- State University of New York at Buffalo, B.A., 1977
- Immediate Past President of the New York Chapter of the American Academy of Matrimonial- Lawyers; and Member of the National, AAML, Board of Governors
- Chairman of the Executive Committee of the Family Law Section of the New York State Bar Association;
- Member of the New York State Office of Court Administration "Committee on Matrimonial Practice", chaired by the Hon. Jacquelyn Silbermann, J.S.C., Chief Administrative Judge for Matrimonial Matters in the State of New York;
- Member of the Matrimonial Commission (Miller Commission), established by the New York State Office of Court Administration, and member of the original “Committee to Examine Lawyer Conduct in Matrimonial Actions”, (Milonas Commission).
- Past Chairman of the Bar Association of Erie County (BAEC) Matrimonial and Family Law Committee;
- Adjunct Professor of Law, SUNY @ Buffalo School of Law: Teaching Divorce Practice from 1999 to 2002, 2004 to present.
- Association of Family and Conciliation Courts, Board of Directors
- Member of the PEACE Program Advisory Board for the Eighth Judicial District;
- Past President U.B. Law Alumni Association;