Laraine Kelley concentrates her practice in the areas of Personal Injury Law including Medical Malpractice, Construction Accidents, Automobile Injuries, and Products Liability. Numerous local attorneys refer their complex litigation matters to Ms. Kelley as her experience and dedication are valuable factors in difficult cases.
Over the course of her career, Ms. Kelley has helped hundreds of clients and has acted as lead trial counsel in numerous cases. She has been responsible for personal injury recoveries on behalf of catastrophically injured plaintiffs including those listed below.
- A young child who received a $9,000,000 structured settlement for brain injuries caused by a delayed cesarean section
- A young woman who received a $8,800,000 verdict for a severe injury caused by a defective post-hole digger
- An individual who lost a limb due to the delayed diagnosis of an infectious disease and received a $2,000,000 settlement
- A person who received a $1,900,000 settlement for liver damage sustained due to the lack of monitoring of a prescription drug
- A family who received $3,000,000 following the death of a man due to medical malpractice
- An injured worker who received $1,800,000 as a result of a fall
- The family of a woman who received $1,500,000 as a result of a delayed diagnosis of cancer
- A woman who was awarded $900,000 as a result of the delay in corrective surgery following a hysterectomy
- An individual who received $500,000 for a delayed emergency room diagnosis of a heart condition.
Ms. Kelley also acted as lead counsel with respect to recent litigation against lead paint manufacturers in which the trial court permitted the “market share” liability theory. Prior to joining the Firm in 1982, Ms. Kelley served as a confidential law clerk to the Honorable John T. Elfvin, United States District Court, Western District of New York.
Honors and Achievements
- Named "Buffalo Best Lawyers Personal Injury Litigation - Plaintiff Lawyer of the Year" for 2013 by Best Lawyers in America
- AV Peer Review Rated, Martindale-Hubbell
- Named to The Best Lawyers in America, Personal Injury Litigation and Medical Malpractice Law
- Named to New York Super Lawyers, Upstate Edition for Medical Malpractice Law
- Winner of "Women Helping Women" award presented by the National Organization of Women
Bar & Court Admissions
- State University of New York at Buffalo, J.D., 1979
- University of Virginia, B.A., 1975, Phi Beta Kappa
- Frequent lecturer in the area of civil litigation, particularly medical malpractice, products liability law and civil trial procedure
- Member, New York State Trial Lawyers Association
- Member, American Trial Lawyers Association
- Member, New York State Bar Association
- Member, Erie County Bar Association